Saturday, November 01, 2008

weather

Before the trip -- I checked the 10 day weather forecast for the first three cities (Phoenix, El Paso and Santa Fe) -- the predicted weather would require three kinds of clothing -- it was to be pretty much super hot in Phoenix (90s) and El Paso would be more moderate (70s) and Santa Fe had a chance of rain and clouds and need for sweaters (60s) -- um, yeah. I was prepared for the three climate swing and hoping that Las Vegas and Prescott would fit into one of these three -- but in fact, on Tuesday, October 28 we saw our first sign of weather.

That would be the clouds in the picture above -- we actually stopped the car in the Petrified Forest in order to make sure to catch these little clouds before the wind carried them away. This was after Phoenix, El Paso, Santa Fe and Gallup... where we saw nothing but blue skies and found the temps warmer than we're used to in Oakland and Oxnard -- and even Santa Fe was warmer than we expected. Go figure.

Today, I got big fat drops of rain in Las Vegas and a little wind storm -- lovely -- as I was walking around North Las Vegas... more on that later but all in code as I am not supposed to share why I was walking around and what I was doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment