Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Holidays!

This one is for Tafari.

I read this article today (can't find the link to the article I read but there are many more) and had to check myself from laughing out loud ... LOVED IT.

It turns out the American Humanist Association (who affectionately refer to themselves as AHA -- you'll get it if you read their site) has a new ad campaign in Washington DC for this holiday season: "Why believe in a god? Just be good for goodness' sake."
Here's the ad:

Here's what it looks like on the bus:

This is my favorite pic:

I would love to send this as my holiday card -- though I don't try to upset people who do believe -- it would be great to have a card that expressed my emotions during the season.

I especially liked this list of where "Christmas" comes from -- to counter all the bible thumpers.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I don't think people should be kind out of fear of being struck down in the afterworld. That doesn't make you a good person.

    ReplyDelete