Sunday, November 23, 2008

two steps forward, one step back

Frustration does begin to describe how I feel after my visit to the doctor on Friday.

On my quest to be the most fabulous forty ever -- weight loss was a means to an end: health.

So, now I am nearly 3o lbs lighter -- still 10-15 lbs from my goal, but so very close to being healthy according to BMI standards.

And my cholesterol is HIGHER than it was in June. Um, ok, perspective. My magic number in June was 216, but my LDL was 139 and my HDL was 56. The doctor said she wouldn't care if I didn't lower my LDL if I could get my HDL to 60.

Instead, my LDL went up and my HDL went down. In other words, both went in the wrong direction.

I am off the dead animals other than fish until further notice... if when I get my blood tested again we don't see what we want, we are going to have to talk about other causes of cholesterol issues -- not a conversation I want to have.

So, I am on the serious get the belly fat to go away campaign.

I WILL get back on the exercise bandwagon.

I WILL start training for another half on December 1 -- tentative target date March 15 -- now I just need to find the race.

I WILL reach my weight loss goal by February 2nd -- and birthday month will be healthy and tasty ... I guess I need to start practicing those recipes.

Why is it that ever since I went to the doctor I have been craving a burger?!

Universe, give me strength and resolve.

1 comment:

  1. Crossing my fingers for you.

    February's my birthday month, too!

    ReplyDelete