Monday, July 29, 2013

NRP while I am writing...

Postings may be light -- or copious... it's hard to tell. Sometimes when I start writing, the bug hits me and I need to write things other than the papers. I tried to get ahead with a few postings, and all I have is this and a poetry Thursday.  
-------------*************------------************----------**********------------

By the way, I loved Fruitvale Station ... I am still amazed that it is the first feature of any writer/director.  I support Octavia Spencer in another run for the Oscar!  She was amazing... run out and see it.

RIP Helen Thomas... thank you for asking the opinionated questions!

I would like a purple button and attach to it any news about starlets and songstresses getting into trouble, and Michael Jackson and Snowden.  Thank you!

This is really long and tangled, but I thought, worth it: a piece about a philosopher who studies death/dying and her partner's serious accident that has left him seriously incapacitated.  I was pleased to read that people's emotions go back and forth and around and around on the issue of when to end a life.  Life is a serious matter, and, therefore, so is death.

This is a frank reflection about race, racism and being a racist from a very personal perspective.  I liked it so much, I listened to it twice.

Running out of time to get this piece to scheduled from draft ... but I have to include something special!  Seattle Boylesque's Mod Carousel made this cover of Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines. I think it speaks for itself, but I would love to hear what you think of it.  Find out more about Mod Carousel here, the singers are Caela Bailey, Sydni Devereaux and Dalisha Philips.

Here it is...thanks, C, it made my night!

No comments:

Post a Comment