Monday, June 25, 2012

unplugging...

I have been working double time on the computer for the last two weeks ... perhaps making up for the weeks I was without the computer while traveling.

I am taking the mac into the shop today ... and I am not sure when I will get it back.

I have posted forward a few pieces that were in draft form ... and may have a few poetry Thursdays in the hopper, but I will be traveling for the next few weeks, so I may not be blogging ... perhaps drafting (on the new app I found) on the little guy.

The good news is that I will get access to my mother's photos from our trip while I am away, so I will keep the rest of the travel posts in the draft folder until I have something glittery to put with them.

----

There is a much longer piece I would like to write about unplugging and getting away from email and media and not having conversations with people who are looking at tiny screens ... laughing while you tell them that you are having health issues because they have just seen something so funny of the screen ... yeah, I am not really ready to see the whole picture yet ...

Just wishing you some summer time without the little or big screen, not behind a view finder, interacting with actual people who might not be perfectly packaged or have just the right thing to say ...
[photo credit: me, fancy camera, at St. Catherine Indian School, February 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment