Thursday, June 21, 2012

Poetry Thursday ... in honor of being back

...and the Centennial ... here are some words from Georgia O'Keefe ... not properly poems, still lovely.


When I got to New Mexico, that was mine.  As soon as I saw it, that was my country.  I'd never seen anything like it before, but it fitted to me exactly.  It's something that's in the air -- it's different.  The sky is different, the wind is different.  I shouldn't say too much about it because other people may be interested and I don't want them interested.
-Georgia O'Keefe, 1977








[Photo credits: All me, fancy camera, all over NM -- Grants, Albuquerque from the Tram, Acoma, Santa Fe, Albuquerque from my porch -- not necessarily in that order.  If you can guess them, brownie points]

No comments:

Post a Comment