Thursday, June 14, 2012

Poetry Thursday -- not really, sort of ...

I have been looking for a scrap of paper where I have written some quotes I want to share ... but my apartment is awash in little pieces (and big pieces and piles) of paper.  Let's just say, I will find it by next Thursday.

In lieu of those quotes...and some pictures I have yet to get off my camera, I am going to share some postings from one of my favorite people. She is a poet in her own right ...

These are all posts I have been hording on my google reader from when I was on vacation.  Enjoy!

On dreams and difficult tasks, Andrea wrote (in part):
"What if every single thing you did, every experience you have ever had led you to this moment? I wrote a letter recently that was incredibly hard to write, but I have never been more proud of myself than I after I put my pen down. I felt peaceful. The kind of peace you feel when you’ve told the truth, with love and gentleness. I felt like my entire life (every book I have ever read, every course I have ever taken, every painful experience, an entire lifetime of dedicating myself to personal growth) prepared me to write this one letter."
 Also, check out her piece on rest.

Actually ... just scroll through her wonderfulness.

She is brave and imperfect and vulnerable and overwhelmed and real and open and terrified and holding it together and melting in a puddle and asking for help and standing tall... in short,  she is a superhero.  I am always inspired by her ... always.

No comments:

Post a Comment