Tuesday, March 13, 2012

spring break-ish

Sleeping in ...

Getting coffee during a car move break from work ... make sense of that, I dare you

A movie at the $2 theater -- a movie that makes me wish I had time to read a novel for fun.
 ---  I will say that I expected to cry, but I didn't expect the movie to be quite so good. The kid was awesome, why was he not nominated?  Max von Sydow, also very good...  It felt like a great big hug for NYC.  I think if you love NY you will love this movie for its portrayal of a city in grief and a city with so much more heart than it is given credit for.  Sappy, to be sure, in a sense, but grounded in a very real sense of what it is to grieve.  See it in a theater because some parts move so slowly that you need to be in the darkness of a theater to truly appreciate it ... and not lose interest.

Sipping wine that I thought I was never going to turn the corner ... finally ... since I do still have a case of it in Oakland.

If I were a millionaire... actually, if I just had an extra $270, I would rejoin my favorite wine club... alas... after the summer accounting, I just may do that, but I probably won't be able to.  I need to play the lottery more often.

Thinking about my "day off" -- the work I need to get done before I hit the spa for an afternoon of relaxing before an evening of drinking (oh, I might eat something, too).

No comments:

Post a Comment