Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Meant to post sooner....

Trying to bring some light to the dark news of yesterday ... here are some articles I have been hoarding.

This one is about the family of a man killed post 9/11 in anti-muslim rage... they all became American citizens recently, realizing that man's dream for his family.

I am not sure that this is truly *lighter* but I appreciated the idea of a county trying to explain how cuts would hurt. I like this idea better than assuming that we can keep cutting services and no one will ever get hurt.

I love me some Father Greg Boyle... I want to add his book to my summer reading list.  I remember the first time I heard about him, I got out my tape recorder and recorded the interview from the radio ... it was that long ago.  Glad he never let the church keep him from his flock!

I don't know if I ever read Dorothy Townsend, but I am sure glad she got them to let her write about more than "ladies" issues.  RIP Ms. Townsend, and, thank you!

These NPR stories tickled me:
When 85-year-old Betty Werther was young, she traveled the world. Sixty years later, she got a call. It was from a young Portuguese medical student and he had found something that belonged to her. What he brought, however, was more than a souvenir. - More here

When the funny business stopped paying, comedy writer Andrew Borakove
needed to find a better future. Broke with another kid on the way, he
was desperate to reinvent himself. That's when the gong appeared. - More here

Pink and me -- we got something to say:
I was wearing my boots today, and I always feel like a rock star when I do ... and then someone said, "oh, like PINK!" and I thought, "YES!" so hope you enjoyed her as much as I do.

Here is a new favorite:

No comments:

Post a Comment