Friday, March 02, 2012

better late than never... a Friday post

Interesting move by the San Francisco school board ... or just another power play against unions? Hard to tell... except that the Chronicle is hailing the school board as Davey when in fact they are Goliath ... makes me skeptical.

This also goes in the interesting educational developments... I don't really know how to feel about satellite university "campuses" -- but, at least, this one really does seem to have a purpose.  I think about the UC's DC "campus" and wonder why they couldn't cooperate with some university physically in Washington DC without feeling like they were giving up their brand... also Emerson is one of a cadre of small colleges in Boston that cooperate to give their students more opportunities.  I think this is, then, an interesting move away from cooperation... unless they couldn't get any in LA?!  I wonder what St. Mary's might have offered or Occidental?  Exchange opportunities might have been possible, no?

I am often blown away by these pieces in the LATimes... hope you are touched, too.

Ok, this one is just plain sad, but it is engaging reporting; I promise to balance with some sunshine below.

If there was one message we could give the universe, just one, I hope it would be this. I would launch this into every satellite we orbit.  Do yourself a really big favor and listen to this!

Picture just for fun with absolutely no meaning ... I like the movement of the bush... it was a "mistake" picture.  Everything is life is precious, bad times, good times, mistakes and masterpieces.  Grant is so right on, Life is so good!

Happy Friday ... and happy weekend y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment