Friday, February 17, 2012

Self Care

We (as in people) should come with magic care and feeding instructions. Magic in the sense that when you open said instructions, magically they would pertain to your particular needs at the given moment.

Alas, we do not.

So we do our best to care and feed ourselves (and others) with the knowledge we have - be it intuition, trial/error, or other.

Sometimes we succeed and others not so much.

For the past year, I have been attending to my heart and soul by writing myself love letters. At other times, I have practiced mantras in the mirror; set goals and rewarded myself for reaching them; developed personal metta statements and recited them as needed; read with care the DailyOm.

And so much more...

Yet, I feel at times that I am back where I started... or two steps behind.

DailyOm said this sometime in the past, but I only read it today:
"Quelling your urge to rush will enable you to witness yourself learning, changing, and becoming stronger. There is so much to see and do in between the events and processes that we deem definitive. If you are patient enough to take pleasure in your existence's unfolding, the journey from one pinnacle to the next will seem to take no time at all."
 I am trying to hear it, accept it and assimilate it.

Here is a story about faith and sacrifice and community.  And HOPE, since we all need a little hope.  Happy Friday...

[photo credits:  me, fancy camera, clouds in Grants, 2011; church in Santa Fe, May 2011 -- unrelated to the story but pretty.]

No comments:

Post a Comment