Friday, December 23, 2011

late entries...

Even though I am officially pretending that there is no such thing as Christmas that I will be missing ... I couldn't help but share these stories.

This nun and her order need help... if you can, you could be their Santa.

I am so excited to hear that they are making a movie out of this story! The highlight of any car trip from Oxnard to Santa Barbara was looking for Santa.  I can only remember stopping in Santa Claus Lane once ... maybe twice.  It was more exciting to see Santa poking up with the ocean behind him than to visit the lane. When I heard that they were taking him down but not changing the name... I wondered what was the point.  It couldn't have been more fitting that someone in Oxnard decided to save the Santa from the dump and put him up on another less glorious stretch of the 101.  I don't get to see him that often because I really try to avoid that part of the freeway when I am home, but it warms my heart to know he's there.  Looking forward to seeing the movie to see how she portrays the story.

The truth is we all have more than we need.  If we stop to think about it, even if we don't have all we want.  Need would be pushing it for a great many of us.  I am sorry that it takes a lot of us to be in the Christmas spirit to help out... on the other hand, I love to see it.  Here are two more... one about how an entire community is helping a family in desperate straits.  I especially appreciated how the social service agencies took this opportunity to explain how support needs to be sustained in order for families to really get back on their feet.  The other is about a couple taking the chance to bring light to someone who's life was darkened right before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment