Monday, December 19, 2011

Grocery Store Crush and CL Flags

I have posted this TWICE on CL missed connections... and it has gotten flagged and removed TWICE after only being up for less than an hour each time.

Sometimes when I see you,
I get the twinkle-in-your-eye smile.
It is a little bit crooked... I think.
There is something about that smile,
Your mouth, the lips -- angled
To one side or the other.
Maybe it is your head tilted
To one side or the other.
I couldn't tell you for sure
Because I get lost in the twinkle.
Before I know it, you're gone
And I haven't had time to figure it out...
But other times I get the polite smile
And a wave or a head tilt
Acknowledging something...
But not what I hoped for.
It is going to be a long
three weeks without the chance
to see you and those eyes
and that smile...

I am guessing that someone is sitting home alone and angry or frustrated or just sad about being alone at the holiday season.

It strikes me as odd, however, that my little attempt at a poem is so offensive to anyone.

Perhaps the universe wanted me to claim it ... or just to talk to my crush in person.  Who knows?
Back to paper writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment