Tuesday, December 20, 2011

in other news...

I am happy that middle school and high schools are figuring out that parents are allies and need to be brought into the team!

I have never been ultra excited about John Madden or his video games, but I really enjoyed reading that he is taking a stand on concussions and putting some of that video game money behind it.  I have always thought that knocking people down as sport was largely barbaric... not just the doing it, but also those that watch it.

This is a fascinating piece on MIT's newest venture MITx... a semi-alternative way to get an MIT education online without the degree... yeah, I read the whole thing and was still scratching my head a bit.  My advice to those who are interested is to get on it before they figure out how to really charge for it.  Right now, I assume as they test out the market and the technology, they are willing to give all the content for free... so if it is the quality of the education you are interested in...then you get all the brainy power without the price tag... but if you want a grade, then you have to pay.

Turns out some folks who were against Obamacare have found it to be useful ... and still there are others that continue to be haters.  The interesting part is the response to the haters.  I would have added... and Merry Christmas... because you can just guess that the hater is someone who thinks that wishing people Happy Holidays is the work of the devil.

 One last one ... here's an editorial about a site that is evaluating the words of our senators and representatives: Capitol Words.  You can go to the site and search for yourself.  Fun --- especially if you are supposed to be doing something else....

No comments:

Post a Comment