Thursday, June 09, 2011

Things Have Changed

Umm, the dinky operators never looked like that when I was a student.

As I walk to and from buses and trains, I note some businesses have saying they combat racism every day. That is certainly new. I keep meaning to drop in one of those stores to see where the campaign originated.

Some changes are not necessarily for the better -- more chain retail than ever before. And how can anyone really need more than Thomas Sweets?? I think I walked by at least two frozen yogurt shops...

Some things haven't changed:
-traffic in and out of town is awful.
-the dinky breaks down throwing a wrench in the best laid plans.
-pretentious guy in mirrored sunglasses in the coffee shop reading More Money than God. I am thinking it is wishful thinking on his part, or his idea of training.
-price gouging at the local chain pharmacy.
-I still have a U-store account...updated my address and got a new card yesteday!

No comments:

Post a Comment