Monday, June 27, 2011

Kinsey and the Internet

I swear I am not trying to be morbid posting this article, but at the very end of the piece, the answer from the serial killer harkened to a conversation I remember having in the past couple of weeks. I wondered about people who feel that they have the right to take another's life. We were talking about other serial killers... and I thought to the number of crime dramas I like to watch and how each of them establishes as part of the plot a rationale for crimes. Sometimes they are cynical... money, rage, anger, love, etc. And I said about Dexter that even there, they have taken a sociopath and attempted to humanize him by the way he picks his "kills" -- because in the end of the day, he will kill and it is just a matter of will he have the self control to only kill those he decides are not worthy of living or deserving of punishment. It is just interesting to me that we, as a society, are intent on there being reasons for why people do what they do.

All of this would lead me to say something about Rep Weiner's last day (yeah, I started this post a while ago), but seriously, I don't know if I have the energy. I will just say, I would bring Kinsey back to life, if I could, and watch him have a field day with how people are willing to say anything on the internet as if it were private and be confused when they are then held accountable. Yeah, that's it. Fascinating beings we are ... as J would say, people are complex. No doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment