Sunday, October 03, 2010

Running

Since my fall and the utter exhaustion after comps, the docs and the physical therapist suggested I take a break from running.

On the one hand it is a bit of a relief since I am feeling more energetic. And I assume I am also healing.


On the other hand I am scheduled to run the half marathon in Malibu in november. So the practice is necessary.

I got back to it last Saturday, almost three weeks after the 10k in Santa Fe. The first day back is always fabulous. Your body is so excited to get right out there. I have gotten three runs in seven days, and only the first one was really good. But my time has not worsened - just have to get the mileage back up in a hurry.

Two threes and a 4.5. Got to get back to six and get up to eight as quickly as possible. While entertaining my parents, working for cash and getting my reading and writing done. Oh yeah applying for funding too.

No comments:

Post a Comment