Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Train Wrecks, Vultures and The Band ... Part 2


Fast forward a couple of weeks and all hell begins to break loose.

T decides that I should trade up my groupie status for something more friendly and intimate.

I declined ... okay, somewhat reluctantly, but I declined. And I was forced to realize that the idea I had of him as a good guy might be more tarnished than I wanted to admit. I backed away slowly hoping that I hadn't ruined my ability to still be a groupie, but not wanting in any way to be a part of that drama. What can I say? I really never thought it would go that way...

Still, there was F and his perfect relationship with S who had changed his life, right?

Well... since then, T "lost" his phone, disappeared from fb and seems to have quit The Band. [I think it is a whole other post ... the lost phones and the agreement to disable the fb page leading up to quitting The Band... but hopefully you can connect the dots. For now, I hope T and his wife are able to figure something out for their sake and the sake of their children -- whatever is best for them all.]

F and S are no more.

F is drinking at gigs and reporting he's got the blues while the vultures circle.

It would appear they were there all along, but I didn't know enough about F's past to recognize them.

They swoop in with drinks.

You would think that just that fact would clearly identify them as vultures to F.

I have no idea what is going on with him inside.

I can't really even speculate. Perhaps it is more like I don't want to. I continue to watch from behind my hands, peeking through only occasionally.

I can only say for sure that the music doesn't sound the same anymore. Perhaps it is just the changing of the seasons... too soon to tell, but that crazy, cold wind seemed to be howling something I couldn't recognize.

No comments:

Post a Comment