Saturday, October 30, 2010

the orange and black

Everyone's been wearing my school colors, and I have to keep reminding myself that they mean something else altogether to most people.

I don't know why I don't care for Halloween. I always blamed it on growing up in southern California, especially when I lived in New Jersey. Man those east coast people go crazy for Halloween. All that decorating and witchy glee, you would think there were many pagans in Halloween. Don't get me started on how the principal dropped dime on me to the most conservative Christian parent when I wanted to read a book to the students about Dia de los Muertos... yeah.

Anyway, I just don't like attention enough to want to dress up as anything. Besides, I have enough trouble just being myself most days to want to take any time to pretend to be anyone else.

Then again I saw a women with orange and black witchy-poo leggings and thought ... those are really cute. And she seemed like a super unassuming person dressed otherwise relatively conservatively, just from the knees down she could be the bad witch under the house (different colors though, I think making this witch a cousin from the east). I wondered if I would ever have the nerve to wear something like that.

Recalls the days of the stars on the nose at the stationary story...but that really is a completely different story and my drafts are calling...so, you will just have to make up a story on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment