Sunday, July 02, 2006

hard days

...or dates, as the case may be.

Today is the anniversary of the writing of the Declaration of Independence and of my failed marriage's wedding ceremony.

That sounded bitter, right?

Every year, it's a hard day. Though, to be truthful, it was a hard day when I was married as well.

I have been trying to replace the bad memories with new ones, but every year, something comes up that disrupts my best laid plans, and then I spend most of the day remembering bad choices, ugly anniversary dinner celebrations, and worse.

It's only one day, right? 24 little hours... and there are really only eight of them left.

1 comment:

  1. I've been so caught up here, I haven't checked your blog out for a while. Finding out what you want to do can be really hard. Sometimes what you really want changes. So it's not like you never knew, it's just you need time to discover something else. I think that's natural. It would be weirder if you decided on one thing and it never changed, no matter what life experience you gained or lessons you learned.
    Live the life you want to lead-- do the work you want to do, in the house in the city where you want to live. Some things are not worth compromising or substituting on...how you make your livelihood, where you lay your head...I think these should be on that list.
    As for your anniversary, why not plan something else for that day? Next year schedule a trip or a special event for that day. Maybe it'll neutralize the sadness, if you have something exciting and new to do that day.
    Just remember, change is always next. So do not worry, God is taking care of us all.

    ReplyDelete