Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A Window to my Heart

I subscribe to the Daily OM. Sometimes, they pile up in my email account. You can't just glance at them, many times, you need to read them, reread them, process or just recover. Sometimes you can skim and delete. But, more often than not, I sit back and think to myself: How do they know exactly what I am going through?! Am I that transparent? Are my obstacles so universal that everyone is facing the same exact issues? It hardly seems possible, yet, here are these daily meditations that 3 out of 5 times a week hit me like an arrow through the heart.

I am not going to bother wondering anymore...I am just going to accept them as little messages from the good angels who are keeping track of me.

Today's message was about allowing the Universe to just be...TRUST was the subtitle. They do that, title the daily tome as innocuously as Letting the Universe Be and then punch you in the stomach with the subtitle: Trust.

Here's what struck me like an arrow through the heart today (emphasis added):
... at a certain point, when [we] have done all that we can, we must let go and allow the universe to take over. This requires trust. It requires a trust that runs deeper than just expecting things to turn out the way we want them to. Sometimes they will, and sometimes they won't. We develop equanimity and grace as we learn to trust that, with the guiding hand of the universe, life will unfold exactly the way it should.

2 comments:

  1. That's true...sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. It is getting to the place of tranquility that is accepting that life is exactly as it should be, even if its not as we expected, hoped, chosen, wanted, etc.
    At the root its letting go of fear. I thought it was control...but its fear. I do not know how things will turn out. And no matter what I do I can't predict, manipulate the outcome. Whether I am deserving or good or due, may or may not work in my favor today.
    But, since I have done all I could, I can only relax and TRUST that I have all I need for this journey. My spirit, my heart, my mind, my hands and my feet are all able and capable. I can take it WHEN it comes, WHATEVER it may be. And if, in fact, I cannot, it too shall pass...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anything, what I have learned through all the trials of the past few years is that I can handle it. Indeed, fear is a powerful motivator. I have been in a near constant fear of losing it. We've talked about it... I fear ending up as a little puddle on the floor. Yet is hasn't happened yet, so I am learning to TRUST in my ability to bend, but not break. I am learning to TRUST that things happen and aren't necessarily indictments of my worth. Good thing I am into learning! :)

    ReplyDelete