Monday, March 13, 2006

Giving up the other ghost

I know it is time to walk away from this dream. I know that I have used the fantasy of this dream to get me through many dark days. It has served me well until now. Trying to create reality from fantasy exposed the flaws the dream hid with its ability to make me feel understood.

I know I have to learn to feel accepted, love and understood on my own, without the support of the dream.

This weekend has been an enormous battle between the demons (who would have me believe this is not possible) and the butterfly (who has known for sometime that she can fly without wires).

Pray for me. I am stretching and growing and standing upright on my own, but it is a struggle.

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember the last time it was this cold and rainy. I almost feel like its an omen of the things to come. I think the rain is here to wash certain things away, perhaps to water certain things that need or want to grow and perhaps the cold is here to paralyze us in the moment in which we need stand still, gather our thoughts, gather our strength, and collect our inner warmth to practice comforting ourselves. Thus far you're your strength and courage are shining amidst the grayness.

    ReplyDelete