Tuesday, March 19, 2013

time... love ... language

Today, I ran around playing catch up and hand holding because of other people's poor planning.

My first thought was that I needed to figure out how to build some boundaries around my time.  Before the walls crashed in, I wrote a long, long to do list, attached times to when I would accomplish said tasks and hoped the motivation would hold. 

Needless to say, the barriers didn't go up quickly enough before the next time drain appeared.

I was thinking about how very annoying this was ... when I remembered that amid the super unhelpful people, there were two very helpful women who dropped everything to help me.  Perhaps it was the desperation in my voice; or, maybe, they always like to help.

I decided to be grateful for those ladies... to celebrate what went right instead of what went wrong.

And then I made myself some butternut squash cake!  It's super yummy. I found the recipe here and I only doctored it a little bit.  I only had one stick of butter left, so I used a super ripe banana for half of the fat in the batter.  It came out great.

I only wish I had some pecans because that would have made it even more delicious.

I am going to leave you with this little test -- your job, should you take it, is to answer the questions as quickly as you can, without thinking.  It will tell you what your love language is...

I will post my results another day so as not to cloud your minds, then you can compare.

Remember to give generously of yourself even when you need to build some boundaries; be grateful for the great things and try to forget the not so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment