Friday, January 04, 2013

Special Edition, News Round Up

I loved this story about how Walla Walla, WA took lemons and made WINE!  Yes, that's right, they are better than those folks who can make lemonade -- it is a wonderful story about how to take an economic punch and give back better than ever...and at the base of it is EDUCATION.

scroll down for a fun extra

Not pictures of Walla Walla or vineyards ... but somewhat related.

It is bittersweet to learn of this woman only from her obituary ... but there is a joy in knowing that she existed ... RIP Dr. Gerda Lerner ... her story (and herstory, too) is inspirational for me at this moment.  I just want to get through the PhD right now, I am not that focused on what will come of it at the moment.  But, she is still a shining beacon for a student like me.

P.S. A friend sent this to me ... sharing with you even though it is not "news"

No comments:

Post a Comment