Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Random Jukebox

Do you ever find yourself playing a song in your head?

I don't mean the annoying song that gets stuck in your head after you have heard it playing somewhere.

I mean the song that miraculously shows up in your head and starts singing to you.

This has happened to me many times, perhaps too many times.  One time and it is funny, and more than that it's just odd.

I have to say the most memorable times were Culture Club songs, at least 20 years after their heyday.

Sometimes I can trace back the thought process that might have caused that song to jump into my head and gets stuck on replay.

It is interestingly more a response to some irritation or situation than anything else I could put my finger on.  Then again, I could be completely making up the connection since the song literally came out of nowhere. 

Who's to say what the brain synapses are thinking?

However, I find it a little disconcerting when it is a song that I don't even realize I know the words to... again, who knows what the brain is up to.

Apparently my brain has a much more well developed play list than my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment