Monday, December 31, 2012

Last News Round Up of 2012, many silver linings inside...

It's not a best/worst list, just literally the last News Round Up.  Unplanned, but these all have some lovely aspects, glittery silver linings.  Enjoy!

I can't tell you why exactly, but I am in love with this piece.  I had NPR streaming on the little guy when I caught this Sunday morning.  It is really worth the listen -- it is the story of one man and as such gives us glimpses of his many sides.  Lovingly made, perhaps that is what most appeals to me.

Everyday I am reminded that loss is a part of our lives ... that is, we can't escape it.  All we can do is remember well those we have lost.  This piece does that for this good man.  I want to say taken too soon, but right now it seems that is true for everyone.

There are many ways to give ... and though all should be taken that is given free, it is also true that gifts shouldn't hurt.  This piece leads too heavily with what seems like the rejection of a freely, and lovingly, given gift.  It is much more than that as it enlightens those who want to give to the greater impact of gifts, large and small.

I was blown over by this man's sense of loyalty and giving back.  I hope we will get some updates about his time in congress.

StoryCorps did not disappoint in its last installment.  This one demonstrates the power of one person to change our lives, and the importance of saying "thank you" in deeds and words.  If you are not regularly listening to these, what are you waiting for??


No comments:

Post a Comment