Friday, November 30, 2012

News Round Up -- Sentimental Mish Mash

Sometimes you just need a boost to get you to the next level or through a rough spot... I am so glad there was someone to give this woman and her children that lift.

For the love of nerds ... I was tickled by this piece about the up turn in Black nerds that this guy calls "blerds."

I am enamored of the message in a bottle -- it is a well known fact; but I also have taken a fancy to family history as well.  So, I could not pass up on this story about some love letters that Sandy washed up to the surface and with it some pieces of this family's history.

This is a lovely piece on couple at the helm of Salesforce (a company I already admired) and their attempt to help homeless families in San Francisco. I know we don't all have deep pockets like this, but any help we can be to those in need is worthwhile.

I am not sure if this counts as sentimental exactly, but the story of JFK and Jackie giving an impromptu to Viva Kennedy folks in Texas got me thinking about my big brother, sister and cousin riding their bikes through the streets of Oxnard with RFK pamphlets...

Remembering one who would not be at the Thanksgiving table

We made it through our first holiday without my brother with minimal bumps and bruises.  I am trying to focus on the fact that we made it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment