Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Looking and Feeling Like a Citizen...

My "I voted" sticker and the voter's guide
 ... I hope you voted, too... I finally did make it in for early voting (on the second to the last day of early voting).

As you see in the photos, the voter's guide was a small newspaper and took quite a bit of time to get through.  I hate to vote uninformed... I did my best with all of the measures, and judges and constitutional amendments.
 Ultimately, the important thing is that I voted -- now I have the right to bitch as much as I like about the government.  See how that works?

Yes, I asked for two stickers.  I was just sad that they had run out of "I voted early" stickers!

The morning before I finally got to early voting, I heard this story about a poll worker ... open it up and listen to it -- I hadn't seen the picture til I looked it up for this blog piece.  I am loving it all.

I was happy to hear that evening, after I voted, that the projection is that more people will vote in this election (as a percentage of our population) than any other election -- and that a full third (or more) will have voted early.  Take that, Sandy... you can't stop us.

Still sending all my very best to those who are recovering in Sandy's wake.  Wish there was more I could do than just send my best thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment