Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Dear Mr. President

Dear Mr. President:
I have been meaning to write you this letter for four years ... I thought, I'll write after the first 100 days, and then, in time for the first State of the Union... and then four years went by before I had the chance to write that letter.  Before the four years are up -- and to celebrate the beginning of your second term, I am writing you now.

I couldn't be happier that you will have the chance to make sure that your policies will be able to mature.

I won't lie, there have been many times that I have been disappointed in the last four years. 

There were many opportunities that you were not able to move forward -- in part because of the way our country has suffered economically and in part because of the polarized partisan system.  But, it was also because you and your team were also thinking about this second term -- and winning.

You won -- so, I hope you will take the next four years and put it all on the line.

You have nothing to lose. 

And we have everything to gain.

Take to task those who would stand in the way of all citizens.  Hold them responsible.  Out them ... do whatever you have to do.  Cajole them, arm twist them, shame them.  Make front room deals, back room deals, Chicago style movidas... like I said, whatever it takes. 

You are already one for the history books, so don't worry about what others will say -- those who judge you harshly will do so regardless of what you do. 

I am not telling you anything you do not already know.  But I ask, as a supporter whose face lights up whenever MY president takes the stage, please do what you know you have to do. 

Please don't back down or worry about the political ramifications. 

Just do it.

I believe in you and your ability to make the change, bring the hope, and be the citizen we can look up to, we can follow...and challenge us to do more than gripe and follow -- but to take part in "the perfecting of our union."

President Obama, you have my support... go make me proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment