Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Round Up

oops... the day got away from me, and I didn't post this ... it's been sitting there, waiting to be posted.

I love this piece about how a woman handled her anxiety while undergoing cancer treatment. It's sweet... I swear.

Then there is this piece on how the homeless men of Orange County (California, not New Jersey) are handling being the targets of southern California's latest serial killer.  It's not sweet in any way, but it is one of those stories that we must not look away from.

How can I pass up on celebrating New Mexico's 100th year as part of the United States? Here is the LA Times' pictorial tribute.  Southern New Mexico is not well represented, but it's only 100 pictures with about 50 of them from Santa Fe, of course...

Here is the page of the official remembering 1/8/11 and the tragic events in Tuscon. Sending all those folks as much healing energy as possible.

This story made me long for the time to take this road trip... it might have something to do with the fact that I didn't get the road trip I had been planning this year ... but I upped my AAA membership, so I am ready for that trip and the potential breakdown, too...

I hesitated to share this ... it sat open on my computer for a while before I could bring myself to read it.  It is another heartbreaking story about how our xenophobia is ruining the lives of people we have no quarrel with ... but after watching the political shows and seeing, again, the Republican field, I think it's important to confront this kind of story, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment