Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Montreal Word Postcards

I am so far behind with the drafts that I am just getting to the word postcard from Montreal (back in NOVEMBER of LAST year...yikes!)

So, I didn't get in a lot of sightseeing ... ok, no sightseeing, while I was in Montreal.  But I did get to walk around some between conference workshops and receptions and what-nots.

It wasn't until the last night that we went to Old Montreal ... even though it turns out it was only a few blocks from the Convention Center!  Of course, the reason for going was that there was a reception down there.  But the walk was lovely!  Old cobble-stoned streets and gorgeous buildings.  I think being down there at night was probably even more beautiful than during the day.

The pub we went to was unremarkable (and loud because there was a hockey game on) ... except for the wood everywhere and the gorgeous man from Amsterdam.  I never wanted to visit there before, but if there are more of those out there, maybe I need to rethink that plan.

The other super memorable part I wanted to share was this wonderful bar/restaurant we happened into... Le Balmoral: Le Bistro du Festival... it is attached to the entity that puts on the Jazz Festival.  It is a non-profit restaurant that supports free arts events.  It shares a building with several other artsy/festival connected entities.

Here's what I wrote in my notes ... "homemade desserts, fabulous wine list, jazz Thursday to Sunday, and a wonderful, sweet, attentive staff".

I am picking restaurants now on the basis of them having homemade desserts.

We didn't eat any real food, just wine and dessert ... but everything that came out of the kitchen looked wonderful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment