Tuesday, May 17, 2011

vacationly posting of the news round up

Remember when I would get my posts lined up for days and they could get posted early in the morning each day??

Yeah... only two days into "vacation" and I have already slouched into some not regimented existence. Today I got one appointment on the wrong week and was late to the other by thirty minutes...

Oh well... I also got two more of the million and one birthday gifts I need between May/June bought today, took in a new museum, made my parents breakfast and dinner.... and wrote thank you notes ... and the last of the late mother's day cards. [On a sort of side note, I decided that May would be mother's month... it makes it easier for me to actually send the notes.]

I have had a lot of articles open on the browser, gonna share a few here, now...

A little bit scary article about the injuries ultra marathoners DON'T get... yikes, I guess I really need to get back out there and run.

Fascinating piece on what they discovered when they actually ran the numbers on the teachers' pensions... yeah, it is not at all what is going to bankrupt anybody.

Here's one on a former San Quentin warden changed sides on the death penalty.

Another in the series about the trail in Malibu...

One on the park service thinking about naming something for Cesar Chavez...odd timing since they are also threatening to close a bunch due to budget cuts, but whatever.

There are more open, but only half read... so these will have to do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment