Friday, May 06, 2011

Fear is not your Friend

...or mine. Seriously, while I should have been writing some other papers or paying attention to some presentations, I gave fear a thorough scrutiny. And, I decided it is nearly wholly useless. As in, it is not good for anything. Rarely in life do I find no use for something. I am the queen of reuse. It's is a family trait.

That bolt in the middle of the street, no, I will never find what it goes to, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't pick it up and bring it home (remember that picture??). It might be useful for something, someday. I can hear my dad theorizing the usefulness of such an item.

But, fear, nope it is useless.

I don't find it motivating. I find it stressful and paralyzing at the same time. How can anything that makes you panic, freeze in your tracks and fret be useful?

It can't.

That's what I am trying to tell you.

And unfinished as this post is, I am posting it.

Fears of mediocrity be damned.

It's Friday. Enjoy and be fearless.

That is the next word of the year.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! I have evicted fear from my life for all of the reasons you have given!
    - J

    ReplyDelete