Friday, September 17, 2010

Wrong


I think for several weeks I have been trying to make myself wrong.

I might have had a specific reason for thinking I needed castigation. Or maybe this is just fall back mode.

Regardless it may the sentiment provoking the paranoia.

Then I came home yesterday to my turtle with a huge sore on her face and something on her foot.

Turns out I didn't need to go looking for wrong. It was right here all along.

Got to figure out how to have more time for everything and especially T.

Now I will have to make time.

She is in dry dock for seven days. I have to give her pool time (20 mins) three times a day and then torture her by applying medication to the sores. That was after the adventure at the vet.

A shot from the doc and he took her blood. Thankfully he did all that in another room. But he showed me how to apply the medicine by holding her little head between his fingers - after digging it out of the shell. T was not pleased. Not at all. She dismissed the hissing protocol and tried to bite the doc in order to show him just how much she was not pleased.

That's my girl.

She is not a happy camper needles to say. She doesn't like when I apply the meds either, but she doesn't try to bite me. From turtle mom (bad turtle mom) to turtle nurse. I hope the blood work doesn't show anything else.

The sores look better already. And she ate this afternoon. So maybe this is just a little wake up call for me to get my shit together.


No comments:

Post a Comment