Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Hardest Lesson

...in life is that you must learn to rely on yourself.

Too many times, you take the chance to lean on someone else only to find they cannot hold you. Even for a little while.

Ultimately it does not matter why they are unable or unwilling to hold you...you MUST learn to rely on yourself.

These are the intensely difficult lessons I endure while simultaneously trying to be open and vulnerable.

I must be open, give people the benefit of the doubt, get my heart broken over and over, and learn to believe and rely on myself.

Really...must it always be this hard?

And, why have I not learned this until now.

If you have three people who love and accept and support you unconditionally, you have a rare gift. I hope you are loving and appreciating those folks right now.

I hope if I ever find those three (those who try and fail may get gold stars, but they don't count), I hope I will love and appreciate them fiercely.

Addendum: oh, and, yes, you should also try to maintain open and vulnerable whilst taking care of yourself. Cheers!

Location:Tijeras Ave NE,Albuquerque,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment