Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Heartbroken

I am never sure how to assuage someone's broken heart.

What I have come to in the last year, largely because I have been dealing with my baby sister's heart, is to err on the side of the heart.

That is, I worry more about the heart than the situation.

I encourage her to not try to debrief the relationship while your heart is broken into a million pieces. You should bathe yourself with compassion. Hold your heart and self in your most careful hands.

Remember that you are a worthwhile loving person whose love should be unleashed on the world. Do your best to not retreat into your stronghold. You do not need to hide your heart.

You have to feel your way through it. You have to live through it. You have to realize that you will live through it. Believe.

And rely on the people who will remind you how lovable you are. That one day it will get somewhat easier. Like that bruise that only hurts when you touch it. And you touch it anyway to remember.



Location:Ridgecrest Cir SE,Albuquerque,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment