Tuesday, February 17, 2009

silence


Learn to be silent
Let your quiet mind
Listen and absorb.
--Pythagorus

Daily silence experienced in humility and fervour as an indispensable exercise in
spiritual nourishment gradually creates within us a permanent state of silence.
The soul discovers in such a silence unsuspected possibilities.
It realises that life can be lived at different levels.
-- Pierre Lacout

I don't know about any of this... but I feel so unable to deal with outside input that I haven't been answering my phone and dreading having to go out in the world and deal with other people.

At the same time, I am unable to truly quiet my mind. There is so much going on ... I am having a hard time focusing on anything. I understand why silence is to be prized -- it is so difficult to achieve.

Tomorrow I want to try to introduce some kind of structure ... and if it will just not rain, I will go for a run. A long run. Regardless of how painful that might be after not running for two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment