Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Holidays!


Where do the days go? As I walk around, rather run around crazy, trying to get things done and feeling like if I just had two more hours in each day that I might actually get some things scratched off the list, I think about what to write on my blog -- so many thoughts rolling round my head.

Still, I get home and have no time, I am running around to the next thing, so I don't make it to the computer, or if I do, only with the time to read what others have written.

I made some holiday cards -- then I was embarrassed to send them, they are not as beautiful as I would like them to be, they can't really compete even with the free cards I got from some foundation wanting money ... but I sent them anyway, but only to people who I thought would appreciate the TIME (more precious than money to me right now) that I spent making the cards.

I am sending one out to you, internet, too... though it won't be like the physical cards, I haven't figured out how to emboss on the internet... here's the quote I would have liked to include on all the cards, but they turned out too small...

[picture Pooh and Christopher Robin leaning against each other or Pooh and Piglet walking away hand in hand or a beautiful rendering of two doves that wish you peace on earth, or all three if you like -- the Poohs are embossed in gold powder, the doves in red or green sparkly]

I keep my friends as misers do their treasures,
because, of all things
granted us by wisdom,
none is greater or better than friendship.
-Pietro Acetino
Plans rarely go just as they should, and life presents more challenges than gifts, yet, sharing all of the bumps and triumphs with friends is a much more precious treasure.

I wish you all the best in the New Year -- and holidays, whichever you celebrate, filled with family (birth or found or created) and friends and joy and remembrance...

1 comment: