Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bruiser

So, I haven't been telling you, but I have been sporting a black eye for over a week... I call it my battered woman look, and that is awful because there are women out there being hurt by people who "love" them. No one struck me. I am told that I should make up a better story, but the truth is it was an occupational hazard (another good reason to stay unemployed?). No, I am not employed by the roller derby, but that would be a fun story.

Someone wasn't paying attention when I was helping to unload some boxes from a truck to a hand truck (dollie, whatever you like to call it), and the handle hit me really hard right on the top of my cheek bone, one inch higher and it would have been my eye. So for the first few days, I focused on my good luck not to have ended up in the hospital and not to have lost my eye. When on the fourth day it hurt more and seemed more swollen I was just tired of it. Not to mention that I kept forgetting that I was sporting my black eye and couldn't figure out why people were staring at me all the time ... yes, I have a black eye.

Now it's over a week from the accident, still have a black eye, still have a bump on my face but it doesn't hurt so bad. If I am lucky, I guess I won't still have a black eye on Christmas.


Sorry I don't have better pictures but my camera is out of batteries and I haven't had time to do anything about that ... though Shay got some with her iphone, maybe she will share them with me since she has already shown them to everyone else who knows me!

1 comment: