Saturday, August 23, 2008

Postcards from the road - Day One

It takes me a while to get the camera out of the bag ... I am always afraid I will lose the present trying to capture it. I was also not feeling particularly well, so I was pretty low energy (so low that for the bulk of these shots were from inside the car -- window rolled down, though). Aside from that, I am just not sure how to work the digital camera, but since there is no way to figure it out without actually using it, I finally did get the camera out.

Outside the ranger station along the Avenue of the Giants:
We stopped in a little town where I might want to live one day: FERNDALE.

This is the place I would buy if I won the lottery:



Another house I liked:

One for Nimia:

And I didn't get a shot of the fantastic cemetery, the houses on the hill where I really want to live, or the picturesque downtown... you'll just have to imagine it, or rent the movies Outbreak or The Majestic, I am told this town was where they were filmed (at least the on location parts).

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I can just see myself sippin' on some Country Time lemonade on that first porch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that tree is huge. I would love to see this in real life. just to see how little I am.

    Bygbaby

    ReplyDelete