Monday, August 25, 2008

Not so Secret Wish List

This is what I would like for Christmas, my birthday, or just because.

As soon as I work ONE extra shift, I am going to order it... because that is how my wish list works.

There are a few other non-thing items on my list that I am working on.

I decided not so long ago that one of the greatest hurdles I face is disappointment. So, I have instituted some glorietas to get around potential disappointment -- sort of heading it off at the pass. The first of these is to make my wish list, and then grant those wishes for myself. This is particularly useful with regards to occasions when gifts are expected or customary. If I buy myself all the gifts I want, then whatever else comes my way is gravy and can be duly appreciated for its thoughtfulness and not judged for its usefulness (or lack thereof), etc.
The non-thing items are more challenging -- like world peace or unconditional love -- but I am actively working on these as well... not waiting for others to fulfill my wishes has been a big part of the happy-ness I have found in the past two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment