Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Blowing Kisses to the Universe


I have heard it said, and I want to believe, that you can have what you want -- if you are willing to ask the universe. (Oh, and you have to be willing to receive the gifts as well.)

I was discussing this with a friend the other day in regards to asking for what I want -- aloud -- and to the person from whom I want it.

She was concerned that perhaps she wasn't speaking in the right tone to the universe -- because she wasn't getting what she wanted. In fact, she was recovering from finding out that she was fairly definitively NOT getting exactly what she wanted.

It helps when you ask and you get --- it reinforces your belief -- but their is still a power in asking. I guess if you ask and ask and don't get, you might feel beaten down.

But I am feeling more and more powerful by asking -- sometimes I vocalize and decide how I can make it happen for myself, that is with no extra help from the universe. Somehow it is affirming just to ask.

It takes courage, the bravery I sometimes I feel I lack, to ask because behind every ask is the chance for disappointment. But, if you decide that the worst that can happen is that the universe (or the person) will say "no," then perspective may take over. The perspective to see that being courageous can be more powerful than getting what you want.

At least, that is my glass half full mentality. It takes a lot of work and every day practice to see the silver lining. I am trying to train my mind to see the world through the glass half full -- hoping that someday these more lovely and affirming thoughts will filter into the subconscious. I dream of the day when the inner voices whisper the silver lining about anything and everything in life. I want to believe in my soul like I do in my head ... just like the seeds for these lovely flowers believed they would emerge from the snow in Alaska.

So, this morning, I am just blowing kisses to the universe for being there -- not even asking for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment