Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Happiest Place on Earth

Originally from 12.19.06


Lest you think I am just another sheep following the bell, I know that there is more to life. There are many parts of the day that made me wonder about how much fun I was having and what this all meant in terms of the many counter-culture beliefs I hold dear. Though, I am strong enough to know the difference between enjoying and believing. I do, however, understand the importance of teaching our children this difference.

The fact is I had a great time. The parts that stand out in my mind:
1) helpful, cheery employees (frankly, I don't care if they were faking it; it is a nice reprieve from the many sullen teenagers I must deal with in any retail establishment).
2)The rides at Disney are designed to fill your senses, not just provide spills and thrills. The advent of 4D only adds strategies and components, the same love of a stor is present.
3) mental health issues aside, it is still awe inspiring to me that one man made his dream a reality; even if his dream was all about fantasy. It really can be a good thing -- in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment