Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Some religious meddling I can get behind...

In a move that has finally painted a face on evangelicals that demonstrates their humanity and connection to this world... 86 ministers have signed a statement that calls for the government to do something about global warming.

I love it when people surprise me... and challenge me to rethink my perception of who they are. This has done just that... it will certainly make me listen more attentively when they expound their points of view, even those that I am personally not able to support. Grounding themselves in their humanity rather than their spirituality gives me the opportunity to stretch beyond my own biases.

Thanks to god, the goddess, spirits everywhere and especially to the people who believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment