Friday, September 16, 2016

Last travel day (MARATHON)

It started out peaceful and easy -- sleep in, go to breakfast and take a little walk near the site of the World's Fair and the lake:












The flight was a little bumpy, and the two teenagers next to me (siblings) frequently bashed into me as they play fought with each other.
 I wish I knew what this was...


apparently pretty clouds make for a bumpy ride sometimes...





 See that landscape? Getting closer...
 Oops... I forgot on the way to the airport, we waved to Barry's house's security detail.  Behind those bushes is the President's house before he moved to DC.
 Welcome to LA ... this was when I realized I wasn't going to make that 5pm train back to Oxnard...
 That's ok ... I had a lovely dinner and drink at Traxx (BAR) in the train station and went out to wait for the train.


And we weren't on the train for ten minutes before the conductor let us know that it was going to be a while before we got to our final destination.


 Apparently there was an "incident" on the tracks a few stations in ... read: someone jumped in front of that train I missed at 5pm...

 I thought I was straight because I had bought myself a little present at the airport.
 But the bus that was supposed to be coming to get us from the train did not take one hour, it took two hours... and then that bus driver got lost trying to go from one train station to the next...
 Many, many hours later, this little face was waiting for me ... pissed that she had to wait up. 
But I got home safely ... all told, left the house at 9a (Central) and arrived home at 11:30p (Pacific). I will leave you to do the math, but it was definitely a marathon travel day.

No comments:

Post a Comment