Friday, June 12, 2015

NRU mish mash

I cannot imagine how this new tragedy opens up old wounds for VP Biden.  My heart breaks for all of them... may Beau rest in peace.

I hope it's not too late for this ... but I am seriously considering the vegetarian way of life again ...and interested in the fact that France has decided to think about wasting food.

It warms my heart, sort of, that all these folks are starting to wake up to the notion that they don't want oil pipelines to criss cross their land or go under their properties ... whatever their reason ... but it also boils my blood that so many think it is okay to mar our coastline or want to open up pristine land in Alaska in order to get more oil.  Enough already ... I wish I could say I would take up biking ... but I can't, so I will continue to walk as much as possible.

I am glad that there are people out there that can talk about their loss and their grief in ways that make it so human and intelligible. I can still barely figure out how I feel from moment to moment, sometimes still having to remind myself that it is real.

I wonder if the school board who decided to have graduation audience members cited are the same folks who believe big government is too intrusive...

What struck me about this article was that women are leading all of these companies, and so far, it is not making a bit of difference in terms of how the businesses are run.  That is to say, the women are not bringing any new ways of doing business, as far as I can tell.

Kindergarten and play -- turns out that the debates do just go in circles.

This map (and article) are horrifying ... and I think they are meant to be.  I guess at least you could try to direct your children to colleges in states that do not explicitly allow concealed weapons...

Um ... I hope that the crazy, we don't need no government telling us what to do people are gonna get right on these issues.  If they don't, I might have to lose respect for them (coughing).  I just can't figure out how guns are sacred but people's bodies are not... someone, please explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment