Tuesday, October 09, 2012

ugh edition - News Round Up

I am sure that Abigail is a lovely person living in her fantasy post-racial bubble, but, please... are we really going back to the Supreme Court? We ought to just be able to hold up the achievement gap stats and then have people like Abigail talking about MERIT slink away quietly. My daddy and my brother got in and I didn't -- and I was turned away because I am white ... now I am denied the network of UT Austin ... [me crying silently in the background, picture it]

Well, if she wanted there to not be a box for race, why didn't she just decline to answer that question? Surely that would have solved the problem (according to her logic).

Ugh... Eeyore wants to go out and play -- I mean sit under a tree and think depressing thoughts, and I am inclined to join him... so that's it for the round up today ... silver linings are trying to shine next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment