Wednesday, October 24, 2012

UPDATED: Look like a citizen...(and a foot soldier)

This week, many pundits opined that Romney just needed to look presidential in the last debate -- and then that he had ... so I exhort you all, just look like a citizen.  But in order for you to look like a citizen, you need to vote.  That's what citizens do ... they recognize their right and their responsibility.  They do not shirk that responsibility just because either choice doesn't seem optimal.

On November 5 and on November 7th we will all still be citizens, but some of us will have exercised our right -- to make a choice, to give voice to our citizenship.

I really don't care who you vote for -- I really don't.  That's the thing about democracy -- you have your views, I have mine, and we vote them -- whichever they are.  YAY... democracy!

I know who I will vote for ... and by the way, I will not be waiting til November 6th to look like a citizen.

Someday I want there to be an election where citizens care more about said election than any dancing star or unknown singer or ridiculous starlet ... and how would the world change if that were true?

A friend turned me on to a site with some awesome bloggers recently, and one of them wrote this about voting not too long ago. I wish I were as eloquent as her -- alas. So, I share her erudite and honest reflection on our rights and responsibilities and staying true to our politics.

UPDATED -- I caught this film 10/25/12 on PBS ... makes me proud and excited to go vote early tomorrow -- for all those Mr. Armstrong's who know -- "if you don't vote, don't talk politics in here."
Watch it, it's short and super sweet and heroic.  He is a remarkable man -- much love to Mr. Armstrong and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment