Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hmmm... that Brezsny and a Pledge

So, I am working on another post but I am not sure if it will fully birth itself tonight, and then I checked what Brezsny was forecasting for me in the next week.  Voila, a post... his Brezsny, I don't know who he is ... but I am beginning to believe in his power.

Here's what he said...
AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): Every November, thousands of writers participate in National Novel Writing Month. They pledge to compose at least 50,000 words of a new novel in that 30-day period. In accordance with the astrological omens, Aquarius, I propose that you commit yourself to a comparable project in your own field. Is there a potential masterpiece on which you could get a substantial amount of work done? Is there a major transformation you've long wanted to undertake but have always had some excuse to avoid? I predict that you will attract unexpected help and luck if you summon the willpower to focus on that task.
The thing is, I have been considering making the pledge because I am so desperately behind in my work for this semester -- and I need to write... a ton before the end of the semester, before the end of the year, etc.  So, I am guessing, now, that I should, indeed, take the pledge.

Friends, readers, lurkers, universe:

I pledge to write 50,000 words in November -- I may not write every day -- though I will try... and report here the number of words written, as it unfolds.

I intend to draft some tonight ... and I will count it as though it were written on the East Coast.

Keep me honest, dear readers... with love and motivation.

I will be eating chocolate and writing -- and fretting ... so share love, if you dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment