Friday, May 25, 2012

travelscape ... country 3, part 3

If you have been following our tour ... we started in Italy in Venice, went to Rome and today should land in Tuscany

... train to Florence, pick up car and drive to Sandicci (small village (our host calls it a hamlet) close to Firenze -- Florence for you monolingual English speakers)... Can you find it on this map?


Look closely ... it's there.

You can make the map bigger by clicking on it ...
This is a view of the "hamlet" from where we will stay.
I am looking forward to seeing these beautiful sights ... though not so much to the driving, just one week of driving, however, I think I can stand it.
I remember the gorgeous old towns and villages I visited last time by car...
...and sitting in the piazzas -- pretending I knew how to draw with my sketch book!
I am not clear at all on what the weather will be like ... but I wouldn't mind this view!

One more map for fun ... will report later on where we actually went, and the adventures in driving.  I think my little sister's style of driving will fit right in... but I am dreading parking on hills in a standard... keep your fingers crossed.







No comments:

Post a Comment